Day in the life of a WAHM with Regalo Baby

This post is sponsored by Regalo Baby. Opinions are my own.

When I first became a mom, I struggled with going back to work full time. Solomon was only a few months old when returned, and I wish I’d had more time. So with Olivia, I was so thankful to be able to be at home with her and also work full time! It’s not easy, and takes a ton of planning and yes sometimes working outside of the house to stay productive.

I thought I’d share our daily routine during the day, to hopefully help those mamas who are just starting to work from home and wondering how you’re going to get it all done!

In the morning, after I take Solomon to taekwondo camp (more on that soon!), Olivia and I go back home and start the day. She’s already had her cup of almond milk in the car, so I pour her favorite cereal in a bowl, Cheerios. This little girl would eat Cheerios all day everyday if she could! I may have some urgent emails to address while she eats, or I’ll take the time to have breakfast with her.

When she’s done, I’ll usually take a little break from work and play with her for about 20 minutes. She’s pretty good about playing independently, but sometimes she likes to wander around the house and it would distract me from working because I’m making sure she isn’t getting into something that could potentially harm her.

That’s why I was so excited to receive a couple of safety gates from Regalo Baby. Seriously, a life saver! Olivia can wander around downstairs while I work, play and watch Moana without me worrying about her climbing upstairs or going in the kitchen cabinets without supervision. I do still peek around corners and watch her every now and then haha.

Around lunchtime we’ll either eat at home or go out and eat lunch to get some fresh air and a change of scenery. Although I love the convenience of working from home, we can both get a bit of cabin fever, and it just feels good to get dressed and work from a new location! I feel more positive about the day when we do that also.

After lunch, Olivia usually gets sleepy so we either go home if we’re out or I’ll lay her in her DockATot and she’ll nap for a few hours. This is when I do my most focused work, as I have lots of peace and quiet.

That’s it! What is your routine for working at home? Or if you’re a stay at home, I’d love to learn more about your schedule!

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: